A review of my 2017 Goals/Plans:
- Rewrite and edit Boracay – Done
- Write New York and Singapore – partially done
- Publish Boracay and New York – Boracay Done
- Set-up a blog – Done
- Set-up a Facebook Author page – Done
- Join Romance Writers of America – Done, plus the San Antonio Romance Authors chapter, too
- Win NaNo again – Not done
- Read 180 books – Read and reviewed 208.
- Spend only $240 on books – Success! Spent only $190.
- Attend a writing conference – Not quite. Attended a one-month editing workshop and four reader events all over Texas.
Based on these results, I consider 2017 to be a successful year.
For 2018, here are my goals/plans:
- Finish writing New York Engagement, have it edited and published. Target date: Saturday, March 17 (St. Patrick’s Day)
- Finish writing Singapore Fling. Publishing target: July 2018.
- Achieve full PAN status at RWA.
- Get Boracay Vows into independent bookstores all over the US.
- Secure local distribution for Boracay Vows in the Philippines. Attempt a movie deal.
- Read and review at least 120 books for Goodreads Reading Challenge:
– 1 craft book on writing/editing/publishing
– 1 male author/non-romance
– 4 historical romance (2 from my Mount TBR, 1 ARC, 1 new/new-to-me)
– 4 contemporary (2 from Mount TBR, 1 ARC, 1 indie author)
Rereads will be after the 10 have been fulfilled.
- Attend a writing conference.
- Spend only $180 on books.
- Register a profit on all books.
So, here’s to 2018. May it be the Best Year Ever.